What is certification?
Certification is a formal process whereby a community of knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled representatives of an organization, such as INCOSE, provides confirmation of an individual's competency (demonstrated knowledge, education, and experience) in a specified profession. Certification differs from licensing in that licenses are permissions granted by a government entity for a person to practice within its regulatory boundaries. Certification also differs from a "certificate" that documents the successful completion of a training or education program.
Certification Value to YOU as a Systems Engineer
Certification Value to YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Formally recognizes your Systems Engineering capabilities
- It is a discriminator that can aid in obtaining your next job
- Can provide a competitive advantage in your career
- Provides a portable Systems Engineering designation that is recognized across industry
- Furthers your professional development as a systems engineer
- Demonstrates your commitment to continuing professional development. Participation in continuing education indicates your commitment to personal development
- Formally recognizes the Systems Engineering capabilities of your people
- Certified systems engineers can be a selling point and a discriminator for your proposals
- Can be used as part of the hiring and promotion process
- It encourages employee participation in continuing education
- Provides an independent internal and external assessment
- It is a tool for promoting professional competence